Posted to rec.food.equipment
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default induction cooktops

Hi All,

Today is the day I meet with the kitchen designer, having pretty
much tackled two bathrooms, and an unfinished floor of the new
house. The new house currently has a gas stove (both burners and
oven). My initial thought was that I'd switch to a dual-fuel
stove--or a gas cooktop and an electric wall oven. I increasingly
find myself pondering whether I just want a new* powereful
induction cooktop.

*I currently have a cooktop with two induction burners. This
Jenn-Air cooktop, which was all I could find back in 1999, is
pretty feeble, but I really like cooking on the induction burners,
especially in the summer. In the intervening time, more-powerful
induction cooktops have become available in the United States, and
I'd like to see thoughts on them. Over the years, I bookmarked
quite a lot of relevant into, but recently most of my bookmarks
disappeared....

Thanks for any relevant insights you can give on this topic. I
think I'll start here in the interim:

http://theinductionsite.com/hob-make...obs.shtml#SITE

--
Jean B.