Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] Terry Pulliam Burd[_4_] is offline

Default Southern cocktails

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 10:38:06 -0500, "Dora" > wrote:

>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Christine Dabney > wrote:
>>
>>> Heya folks,
>>>
>>> I am planning a southern style dinner of sorts for a few RFC
>>> denizens
>>> in northern California next Friday. They know who they are..so I
>>> won't mention names here right now...

>> Kind of tacky to mention it if you're not going to name names. Like
>> John Kuthe touting his chocolate covered cherries without sharing
>> the
>> recipe for same.
>>
>> How about dry sherry?

>Bourbon. Southern Comfort.

Anyone mention Jack Daniels, for cryin' out loud? Where's George
Thorogood when ya need him?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

---

"If the soup had been as warm as the wine,
if the wine had been as old as the turkey,
and if the turkey had had a breast like the maid,
it would have been a swell dinner." Duncan Hines