Old 08-01-2010, 05:53 PM posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
tino tino is offline

Default Where do you buy the freshest and best coffee beans?

On Dec 27 2009, 9:45*pm, wrote:
Hello everyone, I used to be a heavy coffee drinker until it gave me
stomach ulcers and hair loss. My Doctor said I can only have one cup of
coffee a day so I want to drink the very best coffee. I need to know
where to buy the best beans. Also I'd like to know if there is a way of
cleaning and sterilizing the coffee beans because I heard the peasants
that pick the beans have all kinds of horrible diseases. TIA

Hi, hmm ... I don't know where to buy the best coffee beans in your
place/country, but I can give some suggestion regarding coffee beans
for you.

If you have stomach problem but still want to enjoy coffee, you can
search for coffee beans which already stored for long time in coffee
factories. In my place, coffee beans are stored for 5-8 years long.
The purpose of this process is to decrease water, acidity, and
caffeine amount in coffee beans, so it will not make stomach problem
or heart beating that normal coffees usually produce.

For your second question, I think we donít need to worry about that,
because generally we buy roasted coffee beans which means it already
sterilized by roasting process. Usually roasting process takes about 2
hours with high temperature. You may find more info and photos of
coffee process in http://www.one-cup-coffee-makers.us/coffee-factory
Hope this can help you.

Best Regards,
Valentino