Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeanne Burton Jeanne Burton is offline

Default Chicken Croquettes??

On Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:25:53 -0800 (PST), Brawny >
wrote:

>On Jan 4, 7:36*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
>> On Jan 4, 7:11*pm, Jeanne Burton > wrote:
>>
>> Of course. *I used to go to a lunchroom ages ago where it was one of
>> their specialties. *Two conical croquettes, some mashed potatoes,
>> chicken gravy and cranberry on the side. *Sixty cents for the whole
>> deal.

>That brings back so many memories!! Back in the early 60's, The WT
>Grant store in Lansing, MI (think 5 & Dime) had a lunch counter and
>they served this every day. SAME thing....croquettes, mashed, gravy
>and cranberries. Oh...and they also served lime jello cottage
>cheese salad on an iceberg lettuce leaf. I am having cuisine
>flashbacks! And they made the best grilled cheese sandwich ever.

YES! That's basically what I was looking for - it appears that I will
be frying them, and it appears that I need to figure out how finely
to mince already-cooked chicken -
Barb, the rissole recipes looked more like what I expected, as long as
I leave out mushrooms - rissoles were seriously infested with
mushrooms and my family is anti-fungus.
This is gonna be my project for next weekend - this weekend (Friday)
is "soup day". I'm making huge batches of 3 types of soup - the
contenders right now are vegetable beef, chicken tortilla and a ham
soup called Fremont Soup in my family - then everyone in my family or
friends is invited over - they bring things that "go with" soup
(crackers/cheeses/breads) and containers. We all eat, and they take
leftovers home, as I'll end up with close to 15 gallons total (3 - 5
gallon stockpots mostly full)

Jeanne in Toledo