Posted to rec.food.cooking
Brawny Brawny is offline

Default Chicken Croquettes??

On Jan 4, 7:36*pm, Kalmia > wrote:
> On Jan 4, 7:11*pm, Jeanne Burton > wrote:
>
> Of course. *I used to go to a lunchroom ages ago where it was one of
> their specialties. *Two conical croquettes, some mashed potatoes,
> chicken gravy and cranberry on the side. *Sixty cents for the whole
> deal.

That brings back so many memories!! Back in the early 60's, The WT
Grant store in Lansing, MI (think 5 & Dime) had a lunch counter and
they served this every day. SAME thing....croquettes, mashed, gravy
and cranberries. Oh...and they also served lime jello cottage
cheese salad on an iceberg lettuce leaf. I am having cuisine
flashbacks! And they made the best grilled cheese sandwich ever.