Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default Chicken Croquettes??

"Jeanne Burton" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hey, all -
> I have vague memories of my little sister attempting to make these> things
> she called chicken croquettes -

> All I remember is that she used chopped or ground chicken, rolled them> in
> breadcrumbs, and baked them in a pool of gravy. They had a lovely> silky
> texture even if they WERE ugly...

Ugly is not a requirement and probably depends on the skill of the cook.

Make a heavy white sauce/besciamella, at least 3 Tbsp of flour per cup of
milk. Grind the cooked chicken and add any flavorings you like... grind
them if they are raw vegetables. Stir the white sauce into the chicken
mixture to accomplish a heavy composition, then shape the croquettes with a
form or wet hands, roll them in dry crumbs. Allow them to set up on a rack
for 30-60 minutes. They are usually fried, whether deep fried or shallow
fried in 1/2 to 1 inch of hot oil. When well browned, drain on paper and
serve with gravy or sauce if you like.