Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jeanne Burton Jeanne Burton is offline

Default Chicken Croquettes??

Hey, all -
I have vague memories of my little sister attempting to make these
things she called chicken croquettes - we, being typical teens, and
owing to my sister's somewhat dubious culinary talents, called them
chicken grotesques behind her back..
All I remember is that she used chopped or ground chicken, rolled them
in breadcrumbs, and baked them in a pool of gravy. They had a lovely
silky texture even if they WERE ugly...

I've not seen any recipes that are similar to what I remember when I
googled croquette - they all seemed to be more like salmon
patties-type things...

I don't know if I'm describing these right - does anyone have any idea
what I'm talking about??

Jeanne in Toledo