Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default vegetarians who eat meat

In article > ,
"Janet Bostwick" > wrote:

> "Bob" > wrote in message ...
> > http://www.newsweek.com/id/228720?GT1=43002

> I thought that was an interesting article when I read it yesterday. I
> didn't realize vegetarians were so conflicted as a group as to what the
> motivation is.

I thought it was a little stupid. These are people who used to be
vegetarians but gave it up. But that wouldn't make for a good headline.

As others on this group have noted, a lot of vegetarians, sooner or
later, give it up. Still, when they are vegetarians, they are
vegetarians, and unless they have a history of embracing "fads", it
isn't easy to predict who will give it up or when.

It's like someone who is a devout Catholic. It's rude to tell them that
the church is declining, and people are dropping out, and probably in
ten years they won't be a Catholic anymore. Besides, you really don't
know.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA