Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gene Gene is offline

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...
>> Saucer Man wrote:
>> > Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
>> > marinara sauce both contribute.
>> >

>> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
>> actually get to eat some real bread.

>It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
>in the store.

Who cares if they make it at the store if it is still CRAP!

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNut...gredients.aspx

Sure looks healthy to me.

BREADS

9-GRAIN WHEAT Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high
fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains 2% or
less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran,
rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl
lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate),
degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color,
triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice, refinery syrup, honey, barley
flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour, azodiacarbonamide, natural
flavor (maltodextrin, natural flavor, silicon dioxide, lactic acid).
Contains wheat.

CIABATTA BREAD Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced
iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, enzymes, folic acid), water,
yeast, salt, rye flour, sugar, dough conditioners (DATEM, ascorbic
acid, enzymes), guar gum, dextrose, extra virgin olive oil, malted
barley flour, soybean oil.

FLATBREAD Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine
mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid, malted
barley flour), water, soybean oil, yeast, contains 2% or less of
nonfat dry milk, salt, wheat gluten, sugar, dough conditioner (acacia
gum, guar gum, ascorbic acid, L-cysteine, enzymes), calcium
propionate, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium
bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), and sodium stearoyl
lactylate. Contains milk and wheat.

HEARTY ITALIAN BREAD Subway® Italian bread, yellow cornmeal. Contains
soy and wheat.

HONEY OAT BREAD Subway® Wheat Bread, honey oat topping (organic cane
juice solids, rolled oats, diced soy nuts, honey solids, wheat starch,
sunflower oil, salt, caramel color, and natural flavor). Contains soy
and wheat.

ITALIAN (WHITE) BREAD Enriched flour (wheat flour, barley malt,
niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water,
sugar, contains less than 2% of the following: soybean oil, fermented
wheat flour, yeast, salt, wheat protein isolate, wheat gluten, dough
conditioners (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono- and
diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid,
azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase [enzymes]), sodium
stearoyl-2-lactylate, lactic acid, sulfites, mineral oil. Contains
wheat.

ITALIAN HERBS & CHEESE BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Monterey Jack
cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color),
cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial
color) potato starch and powdered cellulose added to prevent caking,
natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]), garlic powder, corn
maltodextrin, long grain rice powder, salt, toasted bread crumbs
(wheat flour, dextrose, modified wheat starch, sugar, salt, yeast,
caramel coloring, paprika), spice, parmesan cheese solids (milk,
cheese, cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), cellulose),
modified palm oil, oregano, natural and artificial flavor (including
butter extract), sunflower oil, whey, gum arabic, citric acid, yeast
extract, lactic acid, calcium lactate, disodium phosphate and not more
than 2% silicon dioxide added (as anticaking agent). Contains milk and
wheat.

MONTEREY CHEDDAR BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Monterey Jack cheese
(cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color), cheddar
cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color)
potato starch and powdered cellulose added to prevent caking,
natamycin (a natural mold inhibitor). Contains milk and wheat.

PARMESAN/OREGANO BREAD SUBWAY® Italian Bread, garlic powder, corn
maltodextrin, long grain rice powder, salt, toasted bread crumbs
(wheat flour, dextrose, modified wheat starch, sugar, salt, yeast,
caramel coloring, paprika), spice, parmesan cheese solids (milk,
cheese, cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), cellulose),
modified palm oil, oregano, natural and artificial flavor (including
butter extract), sunflower oil, whey, gum arabic, citric acid, yeast
extract, lactic acid, calcium lactate, disodium phosphate and not more
than 2% silicon dioxide added (as anticaking agent). Contains milk and
wheat.

ROASTED GARLIC BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Roasted Garlic Topping
(yellow cornmeal, salt, sugar, green bell pepper, sodium diacetate,
dehydrated garlic, spices, onion powder, soybean oil, paprika,
disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, ascorbic acid, natural flavor,
soy lecithin, and not more than 2% calcium silicate (as anticaking
agent). Contains wheat.

SOURDOUGH BREAD Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high
fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, salt, fumaric acid, sodium
stearoyl-2-lactylate, sodium diacetate, acetylated tartaric acid
esters of mono-and diglycerides, lactic acid, ammonium sulfate,
calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate,
amylase, mineral oil. Contains wheat.

WRAP Bleached enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour,
niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid),
water, soybean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil (contains one or more
of the following: cottonseed oil, soybean oil) with mono- and
diglycerides added, potato starch with monoglyceride, sugar, contains
2% or less of the following: salt, vital wheat gluten, baking powder
(sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch,
monocalcium phosphate), monoglycerides and citric acid to preserve
freshness, fumaric acid, sodium bicarbonate, dough conditioner (wheat
flour, calcium sulfate, sorbic acid), sodium propionate and potassium
sorbate (preservatives). Contains wheat.

And then there is the meat balls and sauce:

MEATBALLS Beef, water, seasoning (soy protein concentrate, breadcrumbs
[bleached wheat flour, sugar, salt, soybean oil, dried yeast],
dehydrated onion and garlic, salt, spice, dehydrated parsley, caramel
color), Romano cheese (made from pasteurized cow’s milk, cheese
cultures, salt, enzymes), caramel color. Marinara Sauce: tomatoes,
tomato puree (water, tomato paste), corn syrup, high fructose corn
syrup, soybean oil, modified food starch, salt, dehydrated onions,
spices, onion powder. Contains milk, soy, and wheat.

Sure isn't the way I make it!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide