Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.food.coffee
Tex[_4_] Tex[_4_] is offline

Default The Starbucks lifestyle

On Dec 30, 11:20*am, "Jack Denver" > wrote:
> Would you really want to drink out of a cup made from previously used paper?
> Eww.
>
> There are a lot of trimmings that are left over when paper cups are stamped
> out, etc. *If these were not recycled they would have to be landfilled so
> even though they are not "post-consumer" waste it still benefits the
> environment to recycle them.
>
> "Tex" > wrote in message

> > Continued:http://snurl.com/StarCof2

> It's been a decade since I went to a stockholders meeting, but
> somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind is this tidbit: The cups used
> are mostly recycled paper; but it's new recycled paper, so you're not
> saving anything from ending up in landfills.

Hi Jack,
It might improve the taste of the coffee if they used a more aromatic
paper! ;-) I've been aware of the difference between post-production
and post-consumer recycling for decades. To my mind there's a huge
difference between the two, and there should be a distinction made on
the recycling labels.

Tex