Posted to alt.coffee,rec.food.drink.coffee,alt.food.coffee
Jack Denver Jack Denver is offline

Default The Starbucks lifestyle

Would you really want to drink out of a cup made from previously used paper?
Eww.

There are a lot of trimmings that are left over when paper cups are stamped
out, etc. If these were not recycled they would have to be landfilled so
even though they are not "post-consumer" waste it still benefits the
environment to recycle them.

"Tex" > wrote in message
> Continued:http://snurl.com/StarCof2

It's been a decade since I went to a stockholders meeting, but
somewhere in the dim recesses of my mind is this tidbit: The cups used
are mostly recycled paper; but it's new recycled paper, so you're not
saving anything from ending up in landfills.