Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Home-Made corn chips?

On Dec 28, 12:57*am, phaeton > wrote:
> I thought about giving this a whirl... get some cornmeal, mix a little
> water and oil in it, roll it out on a flat baking pan, slice into
> chips or strips with a pizza cutter...
>
> Does baking work, or do they have to be friend in oil?
>
> Thx
>
> -J

I watched the premiere of a new chef program on FTV last night - and a
killer chip (according to the chefs and the guests) was made by
quartering a tortilla, frying it in canola oil, and then sprinkling
them with seasoned salt. The chef referred to them as "crack chips,"
because they were so addictive. Everyone loved them.

N.