alzelt

Default Some questions from a new cook....

2BaCook wrote:

> Hi. I have learned a lot from reading the posts on this group. Now I
> thought I throw some specific questions I have.
>
> 1. Homemade dinner Rolls: I made some and the receipe said I could
> refrigerate a portion of the dough for up to 4 days. So I wrapped
> sections of the dough in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge; a
> couple days later I saw it swelled through the double layers of
> plastic wrap (like some sort of growth!) It was edible but weird to
> see in the fridge.

You should be able to hold dough in fridge for up to 24 hours (assuming
your fridge is as cold as it should be). If it is going to be longer, it
should be frozen, giving it one to two hours to get ready for baking.

--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener