Posted to alt.food.vegan,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,rec.food.veg,sci.econ,alt.philosophy
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default "veganism" isn't what it purports to be

On Dec 29, 3:57*pm, ex-PFC Wintergreen >
wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> > On Dec 29, 11:32 am, ex-PFC Wintergreen >
> > wrote:
> >> It's enough.

> > No.

> It is.

Enough for what?

Enough to achieve whatever it is you get out of being here, no doubt,
but why would anyone care about that?

Enough to make a satisfactory response, obviously not.

Sheesh.

> >> The pseudo "environmental" argument is idiotic, because he doesn't know
> >> what he's talking about. *For one thing, environmental degradation
> >> applies just as much to different types of fruit and vegetable
> >> agriculture. *For another, it is the economic cost of environmental
> >> degradation that is of concern. *No one with a brain wants to avoid any
> >> and all environmental degradation simply because it's "wrong"; we want
> >> to avoid environmental degradation whose social cost exceeds the social
> >> benefit. *There is going to be some environmental degradation involved
> >> in farming rice; the answer is not to stop all rice production.

> > First of all, the environmental argument is a separate one

> It's another slender reed that won't support the bloated weight of what
> he wants to believe.

Why did you snip the rest of the paragraph?