Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default (2009-12-21) NS-RFC: 'Tis The Season For.... Holiday Treats!

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:15:07 -0600, Terry >
wrote:

>Sausage-cheese balls (appetizer)
>
>1 lb hot bulk sausage
>8 oz sharp cheese, shredded
>3 cups baking mix (Bisquick, Jiffy, etc.)
>
>Mix by hand. At first it doesn't look like it will *ever* come
>together, but keep at it. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place on
>lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 F for about 20 minutes or
>until lightly browned. Serve hot/warm.

Am I understanding this correctly... you *don't* precook the meat
before you mix it into the Bisquick with the cheese? Do you squish it
through your fingers to separate the meat and incorporate it with the
bisquick and cheese?

TIA

--
I love cooking with wine.