Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy2 Nancy2 is offline

Default Ever eat acorns?

On Dec 21, 10:54*pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> I know that they have to be ground and soaked
> to remove bitter tannic acid. *I've also heard
> that they're not particularly good.

I'm allergic to tree nuts, so I would never try them. However, FYI,
every other year produces bumper crops of nuts, pine cones, seed pods
or anything else that are annoying to lawn mowers...so the oak tree
could be giving a last "hoorah"....

If I were you, I'd inspect the acorns carefully before trying to use
them - the ones around here are filled with little white worms (which
my neighbor found out when she found the stash her little boy put in
his dresser drawer).

N.