Karen

Default recipe help

"Larry Clark" > wrote in message
news:LZwEb.600307$Fm2.547036@attbi_s04...
> Southern Pecan Bars
>
> * 1 cup flour
> * 1/2 cup margarine
> * 1/2 cup brown sugar
> * 1/2 cup chopped pecans
>
> Mix ingredients together to make a smooth paste and pat into a greased
> baking pan.
>
> Can someone tell me what size pan this might take?

I tried Googling the recipe to see if I could help you out. Every one I
found omits the pan size *and* the yield, which makes it difficult to judge
the size of the pan.

I think a 13"x9" pan would be too big, given the volume of the ingredients.
Trying to spread that small amount of paste over such a large area would be
a nightmare. I'd try a 9"x9" pan first and see how that works out. If
anyone else wants to make a guess, here's the entire recipe:

Southern Pecan Bars

1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons flour
pinch salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups coconut, optional
1/2 to 1 cup pecans

Mix first 4 ingredients together to make a smooth paste and pat into a
greased baking pan. Bake 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Cool while
preparing topping. Beat eggs; add sugar and vanilla. Beat again. Mix flour,
salt, and baking powder. Sift over coconut and pecans, then add to egg
mixture. Pour onto baked crust. Bake 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees.

Karen