Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Space Cowboy Space Cowboy is offline

Default Can Black Tea Just Be Black Tea?

When I look at the Chinese pages Ive always wondered why sometimes
they incorrectly use fermented and red tea seemingly in the same
sentence when they should use oxidized. I like the word. I think it
gives the correct connotation that something is happening at the
microbe level. It is used in the culinary West to describe what
happens to certain food products like wine and cheese. Everybody
understands yeast.

Jim