Reg

Default dough shaping

Alan wrote:
> Sorry for the question inproper.
> Ok,what i like to know is there some basic technic for dough shaping as to
> form dough like round,long,square(maybe)shape?
> I saw those pretty shape bread,are these shape forming needs years of
> experiences?
> if a person shaping skills is lousy,the products come out for instant very
> rough bread skin surface,I know this is due to poor rounding and gas leak
> out,so what are the basic shaping technic that need to be learned?

The handwork that goes with bread baking is something that is best
learned by watching someone with experience. Written descriptions
don't convey it very well. I learned the basics by watching several
good videos and taking some classes.

Here's a video that does a good job of demonstrating the basics.

http://www.pastrychef.com/htmlpages/...videotape.html