Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent[_2_] Kent[_2_] is offline

Default How do I warm cooked dungeness crab?

"Manda Ruby" > wrote in message
>I just bought some cooked dungeness crab. How do I warm/heat them?

Crack it, remove the tomally, very gently wrap the exposed body meat with
foil. Let it warm to room temp. Then gently warm on a gas grill at a very
low temp. This makes cracking the remaining shells much easier. Eat it with
drawn butter as you would lobster. We steam live crab and eat it the same
way. Don't steam or boil already cooked crab. It leaches the flavor. As all
have said above, most dungeness is eaten chilled, although it certainly
doesn't have to be. It's actually better warm, especially if you begin with
a live crab.

Kent