Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default How do I warm cooked dungeness crab?

Manda Ruby > wrote:

>On Dec 15, 6:27*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:

[cleaning a crab]

>> (If you need instructions on how to do this most simply
>> I can dig those up.)

>Yes, I do. Otherise, I'll end up using a hammer.

Rinse off the cooked crab. Twist and pull off each claw.
With the tip of the knife, remove/discard the small triangular plate
from the body, and pull off and discard the entire back shell
(the carapace). Remove/discard any gills, spongey parts, bladders,
and small paddles. Rinse and/or pull the guts out of the
crab and discard.

You now have pieces -- claws and body -- that can be rinsed
again, cracked, their meat pulled out and eaten.

Steve