Posted to rec.food.cooking
Steve Pope Steve Pope is offline

Default How do I warm cooked dungeness crab?

Manda Ruby > wrote:

>I just bought some cooked dungeness crab. How do I warm/heat them?

Is this crabmeat, or is it still in the shell?

If it is still in the shell, remove the meat from the shell
before using it in any recipe that involves heating.

(If you need instructions on how to do this most simply
I can dig those up.)

Once you have cooked crabmeat, assuming you don't want to
eat it chilled (which is, in my opinion best), heat it
for as little time as possible. You do not want to cook
crabcakes, crab Newburg, etc. for more than just a few minutes.

Steve