Old 15-12-2009, 07:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Janet Bostwick[_2_] Janet Bostwick[_2_] is offline

Default Hot Buttered Rum

"sf" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 04:38:57 -0800 (PST), stark
wrote:

On Dec 14, 11:38 pm, golfstar2006
wrote:
Anyone ever tried hot buttered rum or hot buttered rum batter drinks for
the holidays? They seem interesting to me, but I've never gotten around
to actually making them... I don't think my crew would like them.
Anyone ever tried these?

-Cheers

I used to buy one jar of each and I really liked the calorific Tom &
Jerry batter. The trick to making it extra rich is to add a 1/2 tsp
of *instant* coffee to it before you pour in the hot water.

Tom and Jerry's were always my dad's specialty for New Year's Eve. That's
the only time I ever saw him doing something in the kitchen. But he'd stand
over the Mixmaster and whip up the egg whites. The made from scratch stuff
doesn't taste anything like the store batter.
Janet