Old 15-12-2009, 12:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
stark stark is offline

Default Hot Buttered Rum

On Dec 14, 11:38*pm, golfstar2006
wrote:
Anyone ever tried hot buttered rum or hot buttered rum batter drinks for
the holidays? *They seem interesting to me, but I've never gotten around
to actually making them... I don't think my crew would like them.
Anyone ever tried these? *

-Cheers

--
golfstar2006

Yeap. Many years ago I ordered one via room service at a Providence,
RI hotel. Problem was my room was in a hotel extension, it was mid-
winter and snowing, and when my rum arrived it was sprinkled with snow
flakes and the butter partially congealed. Unpleasant looking; don't
believe I tasted it.