Posted to alt.food.mexican-cooking
cl[_2_] cl[_2_] is offline

Default flower water

ryan_harrison wrote:
> I went to Mexico City this summer and one of all the delicous things I
> tried was to drink some sort of flower water with the food. I don't
> remember the name, only that it was red and made from a flower...yummy.
> Anyone know the name of the flower or how to make it? thanks a lot

I think it was probably Agua de Jamaica (Hibiscus Flower Water). When I
had it it was a dark maroon or dark burgundy color. But it could be red
I suppose depending on the recipe used. There are recipes on the
internet that can be found with a search engine. You will probably need
to go to a Hispanic market and look for hibiscus or Jamaica flowers to
make it.