Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
spud spud is offline

Default Re-Bottling Question

Have a Pear Melomel that I bottled like a dumby while a bit cloudy.
It's now cleared nicely but of course there's fluff in the bottle.

I'd like to re bottle it. Thought about opening the bottles and
siphoning into a carboy to let it settle then bottleing. Another
thought was siphoning directly into bottles and recorking.

The benifits of the former is it'll have a better chance to clear
before bottling agian. The draw back I see is O2 exposure.

The latter has the advantage of maybe minimizing O2 exposure but
probably can't get it as free of fluff.

I'm leaning to the carboy method but would appreciate any thoughts on
this.

Thanks
Steve (why noir)
Oregon