Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default BBQ Forums and Discussion Groups

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Nonny" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Again, there are potential posters who don't want to listen to
>>> your brand of vitreole. A significant # of posters on this NG
>>> grill on gas when they grill rather than que. You can also
>>> smoke on a Weber gas.
>>> How's the trolling today? Slow, I'd guess.

>> Let's try for a really GOOD troll:
>>
>> Obama has a gas grill and is thinking of adding charcoal
>> briquettes to get a good smoke flavor to the Prime Rib he's
>> going to Barbeque for the Seasonal Holiday Celebration this
>> month. He is cautioned that his Health Insurance wouldn't
>> cover burns from the igniter fluid exploding in his gas grill,
>> so he wants to know what brand of Liquid Smoke would be best to
>> brush on the thin slices of Prime Rib after he carves it. The
>> Prime Rib will be cooked to an internal temperature of 275f,
>> and he's hoping that the beef will suit most of his guests, but
>> since the Jews and Muslims cannot eat pork and the vegetarians
>> won't eat meat, he also wonders if there are any suggested
>> recipes for barbecued tofu.
>>

>> --
>> Nonny
>>

> Nonny, as I recall, you do most, if not all of your smoking and
> grilling over gas.

Grilling is over gas, nowadays, and I have a separate IR grill for
steaks and things I like with a char-rare bent. Smoking is by a
Bradley smoker, which can do hot or cold smoking with ease. We
now live in a neighborhood with small yard and no place to really
do any pre-burn like it used to be.

--
Nonny

What does it mean when drool runs