Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kalmia Kalmia is offline

Default Batter, batter everywhere.

On Dec 3, 12:19*pm, "<RJ>" > wrote:
> Looking for a "technique"....
>
> Whenever I make cupcakes, or muffins,
> I get batter everywhere.
>
> It drips on the pans, it drips on the counter.
>
> There's gotta be a better way to get it
> from the mixing bowl to the muffin tin.
>
> ???

I use a large spoon, and hold the batter filled bowl right over the
muffin tins, spoon up a portion and wipe bottom of spoon on edge of
the bowl. Then let it 'drip' into the tin, or, if it's thick, push
with index finger. Then I use a rubber spat or bowl scraper to get
out the last bit of batter.

Maybe you're just rushing a bit?

I used to cringe when Debbie Field, I think it was, used to ladle out
her batter so fast, it flew everywhere. She was NOT a neat tv cook.
What ever happened to her/