Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default Airline take-on box?

Van wrote:
> "Michael Horowitz" > wrote in message
>
>> Having just flown IAD-ABQ and noticed the in-flight box lunches they
>> offer, I was wondering what you pack to eat during the flight.
>>

> Why do you NEED to eat during the flight??
>
> As an adult (traveling with no kids), I can wait until I get to my
> destination before requiring a meal!!

Where I live, we have a local airport, but the airfare costs twice as
the other airports. The Dallas airport is 3.5 hours away, Houston is 4
hours away and New Orleans is 5 hours away. We do a helluva lot of
driving before we even get to the airport, then we have a 2 hour wait.

Now consider that one of you is gluten intolerant, so no bread,
biscuits, pizza crust, or breaded foods, and the other one is on a low
carb diet. We usually manage to find something to eat before we get to
the airport, but not always, and not on connecting flights. In May, our
flights home from Alaska seemed to take forever, a lot of that was due
to the time change, plus we had connecting flights. We made it to New
Orleans around 11:00 at night and I was pretty tired.

In a few weeks, we are flying to Puerto Rico out of the local airport.
The fares were unreal, but what the heck. lol We will have a lot less
driving.

Becca