Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Batter, batter everywhere.

On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 20:46:06 -0600, Melba's Jammin'
> wrote:

>In article >,
> "<RJ>" > wrote:
>
>> Looking for a "technique"....
>>
>> Whenever I make cupcakes, or muffins,
>> I get batter everywhere.
>>
>> It drips on the pans, it drips on the counter.
>>
>> There's gotta be a better way to get it
>> from the mixing bowl to the muffin tin.
>>
>> ???

>What is your current technique? Use a 1/2 cup measure to scoop the
>batter and then slide the bottom of it across the edge of the bowl to
>clean of any drips. Use a small spatula to aid in filling the muffin
>tin from the measuring cup.

Sheesh... measuring cups, spoons, scoops, spatulas, shovels, hammers,
chisels, screwdrivers, wrenches... what's wrong with yoose people,
SHEESH!

Professional bakers use the same tool they use to mix their batter...
their hand... scoop a handful of batter from the mixing bowl by
scraping the heel of the hand up the side of the bowl and then squeeze
the batter into the muffin cup with one deft squeeze... with a little
practice one will be filling muffins at a rate of a dozen in under a
minute, every one the same size, not a drip anywhere, and muffin
batter only on the palm of one hand. Pro bakers fill cake pans the
same... there is no better tool than the human hand.