Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

In article
Food SnobŪ > wrote:

> > Ah Bryan, don't underestimate the lovely value of roasted drippings from
> > other meats, even the lowly chicken!

> Oh, believe me, I do not, but turkey is by far my favorite. I like
> duck (tame duck) and chicken (especially those tiny hens!) better than
> turkey, but I adore turkey gravy. Heck, I like gravy more than just
> about anything. I am kind of renowned among friends for a small
> dinner party I gave where I wood grilled 2" thick strip steaks and
> served them with mashed potatoes and gravy that was made from round
> steaks. It was an over the top thing to do, using 6, 7, 8 pound of
> beef to make gravy, then discarding the tasteless, blanched meat, but
> I don't do it often.
> The only other two foods I put in the same category as spectacular
> gravy are deep red, ripe but very firm cherries and pistachios that
> are totally green inside.
>

> --Bryan

Fascinating... :-)

I do love turkey as well.

What I don't understand is those who do not really care for turkey
cooking it just because it's "traditional". If you don't like it, cook
something else special that you DO like for pity sakes! I noted that
quite a few here did just that. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein