Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
bcpdsfinest bcpdsfinest is offline

Default Hello Everyone!

On Nov 29, 5:57*am, Jarrno > wrote:
> So hello everyone!
> Just to let you know that i've joined this group
> Really looking forward to hear about tea culture in different
> countries.
> i'm from finland and hear its nothing special..
> But what about your country
>
> Thank You!

Greetings!

Welcome to the group. What part of Finalnd are you from? 30 years ago
I went on a study tour of lower Finland and I must complement you on
what a fine country you live in !! Ironically about a month ago I was
clearing out my basement and in one box I found the Lapp Hunting Knife
that I had bought while there.

Anyhow,I live in Maryland just north of Washington DC and West of
Baltimore. While we have our share of tea shops, we certainly don't
have an under current of Tea culture. One would think that with all
the diplomats from all over the world and also having a very diverse
population anyway that we would have more, but alas we do not!

Thank goodness for the internet as it really makes the world a much
smaller place. I know even just 20 years ago we would have to go to
Asian or English markets as the only places for fine teas. Some tea
houses in our area have opened because of having access to a greater
segment of the tea market that the net provides.

Once again welcome to the group and hope to see your postings again
soon !

Mike
Maryland, USA