Bob Pastorio

Default Some questions from a new cook....

Carmen Dioxide wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' > wrote >
>
>>For what I think you may be asking about, cook the noodles until almost
>>to the point of tenderness desired, drain, rinse, and chill in cold
>>water; drain and refrigerate. At serving time, bring to boil a rather
>>large quantity of water, dump in the noodles for maybe a minute, drain
>>and use.

> That's how I do it if I am having a dinner party involving pasta. I
> just keep the pot of water simmering, and then can just dump the pasta
> in to basically warm it through. I don't know how one could STEAM
> pasta to reheat it without getting a lump of concrete??

It's a bad idea to steam it. And it's a needless exercise. Dropping it
into hot water or nuking it is faster and much less likely to sog it
up. We tried steaming in my restaurants. Reject. Quality died.

Cook, drain (don't rinse) and butter the pasta. Then you can store it
cooled or at room temp without sticking it all together.

Pastorio