Posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] jj@unspameljefe.net is offline

Default Does anyone else ever order from the Woot style places?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:20:38 -0800 (PST), DaleW >
wrote:

>Certainly since recession/meltdown/malaise there have been some great
>deals from regular retailers (Zachys, Grape the Wine Company, Pops
>spring to mind). But there have also been some new "stores"
>established, specializing in the One Item at a Time closeout deal.
>Woot wine was first, but I've never bought from them.

I check Woot Wine and Wines Til Sold Out fairly regularly, but I've
never bought from them. Once in a while they offer some good deals,
but nothing that screams "Buy this now or forever hold the bottles
you've got in the cellar!"

And yeah, until I know who Jonathan H. Newman is, and what his
connection to WTSO is, I have no reason to trust his reviews.

Besides, I'm so awash in wines I already know -- especially recent
French and Washington releases -- that I don't need to roll the dice
on Woot or WTSO provenance.

JJ