Old 01-12-2009, 07:12 PM posted to alt.food.wine
[email protected] jj@unspameljefe.net is offline

Default Does anyone else ever order from the Woot style places?

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:20:38 -0800 (PST), DaleW
wrote:

Certainly since recession/meltdown/malaise there have been some great
deals from regular retailers (Zachys, Grape the Wine Company, Pops
spring to mind). But there have also been some new "stores"
established, specializing in the One Item at a Time closeout deal.
Woot wine was first, but I've never bought from them.

I check Woot Wine and Wines Til Sold Out fairly regularly, but I've
never bought from them. Once in a while they offer some good deals,
but nothing that screams "Buy this now or forever hold the bottles
you've got in the cellar!"

And yeah, until I know who Jonathan H. Newman is, and what his
connection to WTSO is, I have no reason to trust his reviews.

Besides, I'm so awash in wines I already know -- especially recent
French and Washington releases -- that I don't need to roll the dice
on Woot or WTSO provenance.

JJ