Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Evelyn Evelyn is offline

Default Quick and dirty soup!

"Cindi Marshall" > wrote in message
> Ozgirl wrote:
>> I was hypoglysemic for 23 years before type 2. A numbers of diabetics
>> are the same. Its a good warning system that type 2 is lurking. A
>> good chance for your daughter to prevent type 2. A good diet,
>> remaining slim and some exercise and she will probably never see type
>> 2.

> Thanks, Ozgirl. I'll tell my daughter that. Right now she checks her
> fbs about 3 to 4 times a week and checks during the day if she starts
> getting shaky or showing other signs of low blood sugar. Should
> hypoglycemics check their bgl's during the day as many times as
> diabetics?

There is a diet that is supposedly helpful to hypoglycemics, in which high
carb foods are limited, and slow acting carbs are allowed. Not sure
exactly how it works, but I am sure a little research would help you find
it. High carb foods are supposed to OVER stimulate the insulin, which
causes the low blood sugar swings.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8