Posted to alt.food.wine
Martin Field[_2_] Martin Field[_2_] is offline

Default Wine Tasters Can't Duplicate

Sorry para should have read - see caps.

But some of the things we smell and taste in wine can be pinned down in the
bouquet or taste as derived from actual components or winemaking processes.-
eg, alcohol, rasinins (dried sweet grapes) in a fortified muscat, smoky
savour (charred barrels), wood, vanilla (from oak vanillin), butteriness -
from diacetyl via malolactic fermentation, citrus - citric acid?, acids,
sugars, yeast/products ie baked bread, METHOXYPYRAZINES (sauvignon blanc
characteristic), VA
(acetic acid), acetaldehyde (sherry like oxidation) sulphur, TCA
(corkiness), malic (ie "apple") acid etc. etc.

news