Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Quick and dirty soup!

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Cindi Marshall" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> Angela's bread comes hermetically sealed. I can get it in 2 slice
>>> packages. I wish they would do regular bread that way. Would be
>>> perfect for me! The whole loaves which I also buy are usually good
>>> for a year or two after I get them. The slices are good for a few
>>> months at least. I keep them in a thick plastic lidded bin in the
>>> garage.

>> I wonder if you could get one of the foodsaver type things that are
>> always being advertised and seal up the bread slices in that?
>>
>> --

> Since we don't eat a lot of bread, what I do with a whole loaf, is to wrap
> two or four slices individually in press and seal wrap, then put all the
> little packages into a plastic bag in the freezer. I take only one
> little package out at a time. The separate wrapping prevents drying out
> or freezer burn, and I seldom need to throw out bread.

Gluten free bread doesn't freeze well at all. It just crumbles when you
thaw it. Exception perhaps is the kind we can't have. The stuff with eggs
and dairy in it.

I can't stand bread that has been frozen so that's why I don't freeze mine.
I grew up eating frozen bread. Not that we ate a lot of it, because we
didn't. The texture just changes or something and I won't eat it.