Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Monte[_2_] Monte[_2_] is offline

Default sourness, or lack thereof

Starter condition (how do you grow your starter) and how do you keep/
maintain it over time

The main starter batch is fed probably one or two times a week. The
day before I'm going to bake I take a couple of tablespoons of the
main batch and add 1 tbsp of rye and then bread flour to a total of 4
ounces. To that I add 6 ounces of water and let that get all bubbly,
lots of small bubbles before refridgerating overnight. The next am I
take it out, stir it a little and let it set 2-3 hours while it
rebubbles. Adding 6 ounces to the dough.

Temperature
I'm not sure what your saying here about 80-90, is that when putting
it in the dough? When I mix the dough, I try to have everything come
in at an average of 72 degrees, adjusting the water temp for
variations in other ingredients. Should that be higher?

I'll try to make some starter at warmer temps to see what that does,
although I'm not sure I can easily control the temp. Maybe no
refridgeration. When you say full grain are you referring to whole
wheat?

By the way, Thanks for responding.