Posted to rec.food.cooking
cshenk cshenk is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

"PeterL" wrote
> "cshenk" wrote in

>> Also sometimes just a factor of time, made the jar the one of choice.
>> Like, the year I had a whole ship division over for T-day and fed 22

> Did you use the gravy mix I sent you? (I *think* I sent some anyways!!)

hehehe you sent 2. One got used by Don in the crockpot and he didnt
remember the type, only that it came 'out of that box that guy sent you' and
there's a ?Gravlax'? wheat based one in there still I have yet to try.

Americans are terrribly totally at this one day (even me) so *specific*
about things, that that box wont fit. It has no 'turkey' in is so forgive
me my friend, 'aint gonna be used that day'.

Heeehe I have to laugh because even I get so totally 'has to fit my
tradition' on that day that I will refuse to make something no matter how
much it probably fits a menu if it doesnt fit my mind view of that day.
Most of us here are as mindlessly insensitive of anything that doesnt fit
our own tradition on this day although we will accept additions on the table
toi try as long as our basics are there.

> I actually bought some more the other day, not that we use it. But I've
> found my pooch has a penchant for any sort of gravy over her meat or
> doggie biscuits :-)

Grin, you sent me pooch gravy? Ohh man. grrrr. Then again, havent tried
that one yet. Maybe I like pooch gravy!

> Anything to please the poor old dear ;-) (She'll be 10 next June)

Cash-pup and Daisy-cat are both about 4. Being rescue sorts, no one knows
for sure. I have to add more bone stock for Cash-pup per the Doc who really
likes how that is working for him. Cash sadly has some serious heath heart
issues from heart worms before he was found abandoned and they estimate 7 at
best. I plan to enjoy all of them with him and maybe with good care, he'll
beat the odds by a few years. Vet exam last month said he looks a lot more
healthy than expected. He was interested in the bone stock and dashi stock
feeding both get daily at 'noon noshe'.

What mucks with cat's over time tends to be lack of liquid intake. 3 TB at
'lunch' of bone stock or other (dashi which is fish based) is what she gets.
Cash-pup gets about 1/2 cup of same. Both have arthritis issues that are
receeding instead of progressing although the cat is doing better at that
with now only minimal signs while cash-pup is just obviously feeling more
comfortable even as we enter winter here.

I'm gonna stick with what seems to be working here for the 4 legged family
members.