Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterL[_17_] PeterL[_17_] is offline

Default Best Turkey Gravy, Mix, Canned or Jarred

"cshenk" > wrote in
:

> "cybercat" wrote
>
>> My local CBS affiliate did a taste test and decided that Knorr Roasted
>> Turkey mix in the packet tastes the closest to home made, esp. if you
>> add pan drippings. FWIW. I think it is smart to have a good brand
>> around just in
>> case.

> Thats what I do. I don't make real pan gravy often enough to
> 'guarentee' I won't boff it up, so to take the worry out, I have a
> decent jarred version at the side if needed.
>
> Also sometimes just a factor of time, made the jar the one of choice.
> Like, the year I had a whole ship division over for T-day and fed 22
> hungry sailors. Knowing I'd be too busy at that end part, and probably
> run short of gravy to boot, I used several jars in a crockpot (adding
> extra things) and didnt have to do more than ladle it into a large
> enameled stove-top tea-pot I have (perfect sized gravy boat for a
> crowd).

Did you use the gravy mix I sent you? (I *think* I sent some anyways!!)

I actually bought some more the other day, not that we use it. But I've
found my pooch has a penchant for any sort of gravy over her meat or
doggie biscuits :-)

Anything to please the poor old dear ;-) (She'll be 10 next June)

So now whenever I steam veges, I keep the leftover water till there's
enough to make a saucepan full , and make her a fresh batch of gravy.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

If we are not meant to eat animals,