Old 20-11-2009, 06:40 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected] thea_inbinders@nospamyahoo.com is offline

Default 20 lb turkey in my NBSS, am I crazy?

On Nov 20, 12:11*pm, "
wrote:
In my personal experience, cooking a turkey on a smoker is so easy you
shoudn't tell anyone. *Seriously... that easy.

As long as your smoker holds temps, you are as good as gold. *And with
the turkey being a large one, it will be in there plenty of time to
pick up good smoke.

snip
Just remember... keep those temps up (350F or so) and you will be
fine.

Robert -

Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. I've smoked turkey
breasts before and it was easy.
I am also going to brine the bird in one of those VERY large Ziploc
bags (like I always do).