Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Coke Taste Test

In article
Ranée at Arabian Knits > wrote:

> I think the flavor of those in glass versus those in aluminum is more
> pronounced. I avoid HFCS because I'd rather not have it in my diet.
> That is the reason I prefer the Mexican coca cola.

The Mexican Coke came in glass, so that's what I tested. The US Coke
came in a plastic bottle. All the cans I saw were in 12 packs, and we
just don't drink the stuff, so I didn't want to spend the money,
especially since the plastic bottle was on sale (US 20oz for US$1.49).

I don't have a problem with HFCS, other than it is sugar, and I'm a
diabetic. Fructose, which is a main component of HFCS, is fruit sugar,
coming from the latin word "fructus", or fruit. The rest is glucose,
which is the sugar found in your blood. Glucose is also commonly found
in fruit.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA