Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Drappier, Beaucastel, Le Stanze, San Giorgio Palmer, Burmester

Hi Bill, thanks as always for the notes.

On 11/16/2009 04:12 PM, Bill S. wrote:
> (4-500 cases a year) with miniscule yields (often around 1 ton/acre),

Do you know what this translates to in hl/ha?

I have many fond memories of the 82 Palmer, but one in particular
involves a lost weekend in the Catskills that featured a mag of this
juice with dinner and endless other libations; I remember staggering
through the dark for a 2 am dip in the freezing river. The next (rather
headachey) day we went back for trout, and were amazed to have survived
the experience. I revisited the place this past summer, with the same
hosts, and am still amazed! The joys of fearless youth.

Anyway that 82 was a real classic.

-E