Posted to alt.food.wine
santiago santiago is offline

Default Savennieres : Clos de Papillon

In my somewhat limited experience, both Domaine du Closel and Baumard make
very good Savennières. I like to think of Baumard like a more polished and
refined wine, perhaps lacking a bit of that austerity that is typical in
young Savennières.

So, to me, Closel is a bit more on the terroir while Baumard is a bit more
commercial. But it is just my opinion based on three or four of their
bottles.

Actually, I have both wines in my smallish cellar. Baumard is a 2001 and
Closel is 2002 according to cellartracker. I am not in a hurry.

And tonight, I will be putting a tasting of different chenin blanc wines
from the Loire, for fun with friends. There is one Savennières 2007 from
Domaine de la Royauté in the tasting, along with a Vouvray from Huet, a
Montlouis from Chidaine, a Saumur from La Tour Grise and a Chinon by
Lenoir...

s.