Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

In article >,
Lou Decruss > wrote:

> across a few other nutjobs including one who peed on test strips to
> see if she was in ketosis.

I do that when I get sick. It can get pretty serious for a diabetic
when they go into ketosis.

> I don't know much about all that no-carb
> stuff but that was pretty weird

I'm not so keen on that, since they are doing it on purpose. Still,
maybe they have to watch and make sure it doesn't go out of control? I
don't know.

> especially since she saved the used
> strips.

That one totally baffles me. If you want to know your results (and the
doctor in the ER will want to know) then you write them down. There's a
color code on the container. You match the color and it tells you the
reading. The instructions say that the color continues to change after
you hit the time to read it. I don't know what happens after that, as I
always flush them with the pee.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA