Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gregory Morrow[_2_] Gregory Morrow[_2_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

Lou Decruss wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:25:03 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> > wrote:
>
>> Lou Decruss wrote:

>>> It's hard to say no to someone who is hungry. But what are you
>>> going to do if there's a hundred of them looking for that brown bag?
>>>

>> One of the "issues" we have when we have cookouts at our corner bar
>> are homeless types wanting food. A coupla of them are real
>> obnoxious, they'll barge right in or whine and beg when we are
>> manning the grills. A coupla others are very discreet, they hang
>> back and approach us very timidly and ask politely...they get some
>> nice food, the loudmouthed ****s do not..

> The loudmouths probably have a fridge at home packed with food
> purchased with food stamps. It's called "I deserves dis cuz my graet
> granmy was a slave" They couldn't pass a first grade flash card test
> much less know who their father was, but they think they are "owed" a
> meal at a private party. Get used to this mentality Greg. The nutjobs
> at the controls in Washington like their votes.

Yup...

And some of the mooches are wealthy and white and live in nice Lake Shore
Drive digs, too. There is one who always brings Tupperware containers and
immediately starts loading up on the food "for her father" - except that
dear old dad died already a coupla years ago and when he was still kicking
he was on a liquid diet. He was a rich old coot and that's why the daughter
unit at the age of 55 has never had to work a real job in her life...

> Did you know that if you qualify for food stamps or other government
> programs you can also get a free cell phone? Approval by email takes
> just a few hours and the phone is in your mailbox in 2 days. It's
> only good for 68 minutes a month but I'm sure a crack-whore doesn't
> talk much.
>
> https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/Home.aspx

Wow, I need a cellphone, how do I qualify...!!!???

Reminds me of the prison inmates who got "priority" for the swine flu virus
while some health care professionals had to wait for their doses...

>> Natcherly the "freeloaders" are not just black homeless peeps, there
>> are the affluent white cheapskates who will come in and chow down
>> big and only order one beer and tip the barkeep a quarter.

> Scum-baggery is not limited to a certain color, race, or ethnic
> background. But stereotypes have developed for a reason. They're
> usually true.
>
>> Money is certainly indicator of class...

> It's not the money. (IMO) It's how it's handled. I know some cheap
> prick who owned a company and treated his employees not so good. When
> they were at lunch he would always go to the shithouse so he wasn't
> there when the check arrived. He made people uncomfortable when they
> had to ask him for his portion. He would always "forget" something at
> the table when the group left and go back to the table and collect
> whatever tips the other members had left and slide a buck under his
> coffee cup so the server would think he was the "big tipper."
>
> He got older and sold the business on a contract for $275,000 and a
> percentage for 5 years. The new guy filed bankruptcy and stiffed the
> cheap old prick for 264K. What goes around comes around.

It's true, and it's great fun to see it happen...

:-)

--
Best
Greg