Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lou Decruss[_3_] Lou Decruss[_3_] is offline

Default Best bit of action you've seen in a resto

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:25:03 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> wrote:

>Lou Decruss wrote:

>> It's hard to say no to someone who is hungry. But what are you going
>> to do if there's a hundred of them looking for that brown bag?
>>

>One of the "issues" we have when we have cookouts at our corner bar are
>homeless types wanting food. A coupla of them are real obnoxious, they'll
>barge right in or whine and beg when we are manning the grills. A coupla
>others are very discreet, they hang back and approach us very timidly and
>ask politely...they get some nice food, the loudmouthed ****s do not..

The loudmouths probably have a fridge at home packed with food
purchased with food stamps. It's called "I deserves dis cuz my graet
granmy was a slave" They couldn't pass a first grade flash card test
much less know who their father was, but they think they are "owed" a
meal at a private party. Get used to this mentality Greg. The nutjobs
at the controls in Washington like their votes.

Did you know that if you qualify for food stamps or other government
programs you can also get a free cell phone? Approval by email takes
just a few hours and the phone is in your mailbox in 2 days. It's
only good for 68 minutes a month but I'm sure a crack-whore doesn't
talk much.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/Enr...blic/Home.aspx

>Natcherly the "freeloaders" are not just black homeless peeps, there are the
>affluent white cheapskates who will come in and chow down big and only order
>one beer and tip the barkeep a quarter.

Scum-baggery is not limited to a certain color, race, or ethnic
background. But stereotypes have developed for a reason. They're
usually true.

> Money is certainly indicator of class...

It's not the money. (IMO) It's how it's handled. I know some cheap
prick who owned a company and treated his employees not so good. When
they were at lunch he would always go to the shithouse so he wasn't
there when the check arrived. He made people uncomfortable when they
had to ask him for his portion. He would always "forget" something at
the table when the group left and go back to the table and collect
whatever tips the other members had left and slide a buck under his
coffee cup so the server would think he was the "big tipper."

He got older and sold the business on a contract for $275,000 and a
percentage for 5 years. The new guy filed bankruptcy and stiffed the
cheap old prick for 264K. What goes around comes around.

Lou