Old 12-11-2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Lewis Perin Lewis Perin is offline

Default Dominic: Is Zhang Ping Shui Hsian the same as Shui Xian?

Lewis Perin writes:

"Dominic T." writes:

[...Shui Xian...]
It should not be green-ish and it really isn't a tea that comes in
bricks nor would it really benefit from that type of processing or
storage.

The brick-format Shuixian I've tasted was really excellent. Judging
by the taste profile you've specified more than once here, Dominic, I
think you'd love it. Sadly, the vendor doesn't seem to carry it
currently.

Whoops, they *do* have it - I was looking under Wuyi oolongs when I
should've looked under aged teas:

http://www.theteagallery.com/1997_Sh..._p/a-97sxb.htm

Disclaimer: The owners are friends of mine, but they charge me retail.

/Lew
---
Lew Perin /