Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson Mark Thorson is offline

Default meat grinders

zxcvbob wrote:

> I like it because it takes the same plates as my old Chop-Rite, and it
> has a large feed chute so I can cut the meat into quite large strips
> and it will handle it. It will grind a whole beef brisket in just a
> few minutes. I usually grind it twice; once with a large-hole plate
> (then set aside some of the meat for making chili) then chill it and
> grind it again with a small plate.

Does anyone know to what extent these plates
are compatible across other brands? After
seeing Lidia make spaghetti by running pasta
dough through her meat grinder without the blade,
I've been thinking plates for other kinds of
pasta might be marketable. On that particular
program, she showed some guys back in Italy
making bucatelli (?) -- a long hollow spaghetti
using a hand-operated press. I've been thinking
that would be a plate which might be popular.