Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default meat grinders

Nan wrote:
> I had posted a query re what kinds of meat grinders y'all own, and
> asked how you liked them. Someone hijacked it changed it and deleted
> my question. So I re post it here.
> Please share your successes and failures with meat grinders. I am
> definitely in the market for one. Thanks, Nanzi

I have an old Chop-Rite #10 that I bought 30 years ago that clamps on
the edge of a table. It does a good job, but a few years ago I bought
an electric #12 from Northern Hydraulic, now called Northern Tool. I
think this is the same model:
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...70_36989_36989

I like it because it takes the same plates as my old Chop-Rite, and it
has a large feed chute so I can cut the meat into quite large strips
and it will handle it. It will grind a whole beef brisket in just a
few minutes. I usually grind it twice; once with a large-hole plate
(then set aside some of the meat for making chili) then chill it and
grind it again with a small plate.

I would not get anything smaller than a heavy-duty #8 grinder. A #10
or #12 (or larger) does not need to be heavy-duty.

HTH, :-)
Bob